Falcon Army Login
             | 

Main Menu

FA Users

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how
Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -2
I seriously doubt the Falcon would do good on consoles. The main reason being, console gamers get to lie down on a couch when gaming and I dont think many are willing to sit a desk to play games. Also, the fact that Natal and Move are coming out would mean that the Falcon would go unnoticed.
RaZ
RaZ
graphgraph
FA Rank: Dwarven Warrior
graphgraph
graphgraph
Medals: 8
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
Natal won't work, it'll be a glorified Playstation Eye(toy). Move, on the other hand, is a dildo. Literally. And motion tracking/sensing != haptics.
The_Parson
The_Parson
graphgraph
FA Rank: Pikeman Commander
graphgraph
graph
Medals: 6
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -2
My point still remains valid, it would go unoticed.
RaZ
RaZ
graphgraph
graphgraph
graphgraph
Medals: 8
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20
Yes, Novint would have to partner with MS/Sony themselves to get noticed.
The_Parson
The_Parson
graphgraph
FA Rank: Pikeman Commander
graphgraph
graph
Medals: 6
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
Hey Skidos, I think the consoles is still something that could be big for the future, but it is backburnered right now.

I don't believe the consoles will see the Falcon as competitive to their efforts. In past meetings, they simply saw it as a controller for their platform - the only constraint was that they wanted to see game support. We have a good model for getting game support now, though, so there are no constraints to getting on the consoles other than money. The business model has worked, and we've confirmed it will work on the consoles, both with the console manufacturers and with publishers. If we gain momentum on the PC side of things, I think that would put us in a place where we could raise the money needed to move over to the consoles.

I think Apple would be an ideal partner. I haven't found a good contact there to start discussions. I think one of the main difficulties there is, as you say, that Jobs doesn't like games, so there is a cultural issue with them. That is changing though.

The Falcon is only missing marketing muscle to turn into a multi-billion dollar product. We're at a point where very small amounts of money can create good game support (we're just small is all, and have tight budgets). With a company like Apple behind it, it would have all the game support people would want and it would be marketed well, and would therefore be huge. There's no fatal flaw in the product, business model, or customer reaction - we're just resource limited after a tough recession.

with respect to it being used on consoles, I don't believe that will be a problem. I've played in front of a TV plenty of times (Falcon on a lappad), and it works fine. There are plenty of commercially significant examples (Wii, guitar hero, ddr) that don't use the standard sitting-on-the-couch-with-a-small-controller-in-your-hands model.

thx, tomnovint
tomnovint
tomnovint
graph
graphgraph
graphgraph
Medals: 9
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Hey Tom, I flipped open my address book and started to look for some interesting characters to get 'us' going in order to have that good contact. Let's see what the answer will be on my email.
Skidos
Skidos
graphgraph
FA Rank:
graphgraph
graphgraph
Medals: 0
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 57
that's great. Would appreciate the help. I still owe you an email response too - haven't forgotten. thx, tomnovint
tomnovint
tomnovint
graph
graphgraph
graphgraph
Medals: 9
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Take your time Tom. I'm not going anywhere.
Skidos
Skidos
graphgraph
FA Rank:
graphgraph
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Salut ou trouver le mod pour dirt 2 pour la falcon(jouer avec) merci
bacou
bacou
graphgraph
FA Rank:
graphgraph
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 5 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
combatarms.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?PART=/Download/GameClient

celui la aussi Amitier bacou
bacou
bacou
graphgraph
FA Rank:
graphgraph
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there Tom,
I've been reading a bunch of your posts and been combing through these forums for some help, but I haven't found any answers, so I thought I'd make a post here.

I just got a Falcon last week, and installed the drivers and tried the tech demo, and was very impressed. Still eagerly waiting on the next manufacturing shipment of the pistol grips, but in the meantime I thought I'd figure out how to get something low-key like Portal set up.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to really get Portal set up with the Falcon. You note that most of the Orange Box titles are FalconHD titles - does that mean that you have to purchase a specific version of the title? Or should my ordinary Steam version of Portal work with the Falcon?

Now that I have a Falcon and Portal, how do I get them to work with each other? I've read a bit about the F-Gen, but I'm still not exactly sure where I need to go to get it. Also I've heard reports that F-Gen needs to be actually turned OFF for the Valve games. I'm confused! Do the Valve games now have the haptics-feedback code for the Novint actually embedded in their source code now? Or is that compatibility now part of the Novint drivers themselves?

The other thing that I guess I might be doing wrong is I might have installed the drivers incorrectly. I plugged my Novint in, got a "Windows is searching for and installing drivers for this device" message, and then I used the CD with the device to install NVent and the other drivers. The tech demo worked great. I see a wiki article that notes that I might have to uninstall these drivers and start over from scratch, installing drivers from the disc before I even plug in the Falcon.

Assuming I go home now and do all of that, are there any other explicit steps I need to take to get Valve games to work with the Falcon?

And, hi everyone, I'm really excited to be part of the community. I'm in QA at Harmonix Music Systems, and I have some vague coding experience, and I'd love to start working on some custom drivers for games (right now I'm looking at the original Deus Ex, and then it would be fantastic to get something going for Fallout 3, update that for New Vegas, and then the upcoming Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I know, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but I'm really, really excited to get advanced force feedback for the games I love.)

Anyway. Thanks for any help!
Fwashburn
Fwashburn
graphgraph
FA Rank: Centaur Warrior
graphgraph
graph
graphgraph
It\\\'s-a me!

Re:Games that can be played with the Falcon, and how 4 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 86
hey Fwashburn, welcome to the FA community.maybe I can be of some help. We consider ourselves all family here. Not your typical forums.

1. Falcon pistol grip - Tom came in the forums a couple of nights ago and addressed the question of when new grips in stock, seems there is a hold up and could be a while longer.

2. Falcon drivers installed correctly - First and importantly, DO NOT plug the Falcon into the PC without first installing the Falcon drivers downloaded from the Novint site. The Novint Falcon drivers must be installed before plugging in the Falcon. Also, please make sure the computer is not connected to the internet.

After a successful driver installation, and after you’ve restarted your computer, please plug the USB cable into the Falcon and into a USB port on the back of your computer. The Falcon should then install automatically, and a message will temporarily appear indicating that your new hardware was installed successfully.

There is more in the Falcon wiki on this page( read if you have problems or windows 7 64 bit)www.falconarmy.com/mediawiki/index.php?t...or_the_Novint_Falcon

3.Question of how to run Portal - The orange box is a HD title.In order to play a FalconHD title, you simply need to have the Falcon installed correctly on the computer, plugged in (both to the power outlet and the computer), and run the game. Portal and Orange box games have the Falcon support in with the source code.
Here is link to Novint supported games and you can see which are HD supported. Do not run the F-gen when running HD games like the Orange box.
home.novint.com/games/games.php?c=0

4. F-gen - here is wiki link to all the info on F-gen
www.falconarmy.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=F-Gen

We have several community members who make scripts for F-gen games

you will see in the games link I gave you many games you can play with F-gen support. I hope some of this helps you. Oh and with Portal when you have the drivers working correctly, just start up Portal and the game will start up the Falcon, if you see a red light on the Falcon, just move the grip in and out and it will change color and you know your good to go. When you got to the game options there is a menu tab to go to and change the Falcon forces to your liking. But we recommend you leave them as is, give it a good 10 hours or so to get use to the Falcon, before making changes.
Mykee36
Mykee36
graphgraph
FA Rank: Beholder Guard
graphgraph
graph
Medals: 11
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/09/23 18:51 By Mykee36.
Whatever karma I create, whether good or evil, I shall inherit. Mykee36 or Flaming_Vortex on Steam
Need help with the Falcon? go here to the Falcon Wiki www.falconarmy.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Go to topPage: 123